BOO! These little ghosts want to welcome you to Day 2 of Halloween Balloon Week! How fun would it be to have a bunch of these at your front door to greet trick-or-treaters?
These ghost balloons with just a touch of spookiness appear like they are flying through the air with a little breeze.
Supplies for Ghost Balloons
- 12" helium grade white balloons
- White crepe paper
- Black Sharpie marker
- Curling ribbon
- Double-sided tape
How to Make Ghost Balloons
1. Inflate your balloons with helium. If you want them to stay afloat for more than 6 hours, have your local party store fill them with Hi-Float which will make them last a couple days.
2. Cut 3 strands of crepe paper for each ghost balloon (my strands were each around 2 feet long).
3. Use a small piece of double-sided tape to affix each crepe paper strand to the bottom of the balloon, spacing them somewhat evenly around the base of the balloon.
4. Freehand draw the ghost's eyes and mouth using a permanent marker and color in. You can put a face on both sides of the balloon if you want.
That's it! It takes no time at all to whip up a bunch of these for Halloween!
Don't miss out on these other Halloween Balloon Week ideas!
Photos by Amanda Raba Gentis.