These pom-pom balloons just might be my favorite DIY yet. Who would've thought that you could hot glue things onto a balloon without it popping? I figured it was worth a try. :)
Hot glue and balloons may sound like a precarious combination, but I promise you it works. I've made two bunches of these without a single balloon popping...and the results are so fun!
I first made these for our going away party, but was having too much fun at the party to get any good photos of them. So I made another round the other day. It took 15 minutes. Especially if you have your own personal balloon tank. I always have one of these on hand! Here's a secret: use your 40% off coupon at Michael's to buy your balloon tank!
Supplies for Pom-Pom Balloons
- Clear latex balloons - I used clear as I liked being able to look through the balloon and see the pom-poms on the other side, but you could try any color
- Small pom-poms - I found some fun glitter pom-poms
- Hot glue - I used it on "low" setting just to be safe!
- Baker's twine - I like using baker's twine to string my balloons but you can also use curling ribbon
- Personal helium tank - this is optional, you can also have a party store inflate your balloons!
How to Make Pom-Pom Balloons
It is as simple as putting a small dab of hot glue on a pom-pom and sticking it on the balloon! I used a variety of colors and stuck them on randomly until it was well covered.
These were so easy to make I can see myself making lots of different versions of these for parties down the road.
Make sure to check out my other balloon craft ideas!
Photos by Annie Parish Photography