These pom-pom balloons just might be my favorite DIY yet. Who would've thought that you could hot glue things onto a balloon without it popping? I figured it was worth a try. :)
Hot glue and balloons may sound like a precarious combination, but I promise you it works. I've made two bunches of these without a single balloon popping...and the results are so fun!
I first made these for our going away party, but was having too much fun at the party to get any good photos of them. So I made another round the other day. It took 15 minutes. Especially if you have your own personal balloon tank. I always have one of these on hand! Here's a secret: use your 40% off coupon at Michael's to buy your balloon tank!
Supplies for Pom-Pom Balloons
- Clear latex balloons - I used clear as I liked being able to look through the balloon and see the pom-poms on the other side, but you could try any color
- Small pom-poms - I found some fun glitter pom-poms
- Hot glue - I used it on "low" setting just to be safe!
- Baker's twine - I like using baker's twine to string my balloons but you can also use curling ribbon
- Personal helium tank - this is optional, you can also have a party store inflate your balloons!
How to Make Pom-Pom Balloons
It is as simple as putting a small dab of hot glue on a pom-pom and sticking it on the balloon! I used a variety of colors and stuck them on randomly until it was well covered.
These were so easy to make I can see myself making lots of different versions of these for parties down the road.
If you're looking for my tulle covered balloon tutorial, click here!
Photos by Annie Parish Photography