I love getting started on Christmas decorating and crafting over Thanksgiving weekend. One year, I enlisted my mom, mother-in-law, and sister in making handmade paper ornaments for my tree after our Thanksgiving dinner. It was so fun gathering around the table to craft together!
If you are feeling crafty this weekend too, here are some simple ideas for you to try:
1. Wine cork vases - a great way to use all those corks you've been saving! These would make for really nice gifts too!
2. Snow ornaments - you can whip up a bunch of these in minutes. The perfect project for kids to help with.
3. Candy cane garland - a nostalgic garland made from pipe cleaners. Another fun project for kids!
4. Poinsettia wreath - this is adds such a gorgeous burst of holiday color to your front door. All for the cost of 2 bunches of faux poinsettias from the craft store.
5. Snow wreath - a great way to bring a little winter wonderland to your home!
6. Yarn wrapped candles - give your LED candles a cozy, festive makeover with a little yarn
7. Merry Christmas banner - transform manilla tags from the office supply store into a modern garland
8. Bow wreath - one of the most popular DIYs on Design Improvised, this wreath is as simple as peel and stick!
9. Ornament bouquet - create beautiful centerpieces from leftover ornaments
Other ideas not shown…
10. Christmas tree garland - get out your Christmas cookie cutters to make simple, colorful garlands!
11. Handmade paper ornaments - these are the ones I roped my family into making with me!
12. Snow globes - another fun project to do as a group.
13. Handmade gift tags - get out all your craft supplies and get creative!
14. Stovetop potpourri - not really a craft, but something you'll definitely want simmering on the stove while crafting!
15. Handmade bath salts - the perfect holiday gift in wintery scents!