One nice thing about moving to a new home is that it allows you to start with a clean slate. It's a great opportunity to replace certain things I should've replaced a long time ago - like all our mismatched tupperware!
Here are the things I hope to update with the new house:
- Mismatched tupperware - our motley collection consists mostly of recycled deli meat containers these days! I'm anxious to replace them with a nice stackable set like these from Rubbermaid.
- Dishtowels / dishcloths - with a new kitchen, I would like to replace our worn dishcloths with a bright new set. These brightly printed ones from Target caught my eye.
- Pantry items - I assume most people clean out their kitchen items before making a big move. We'll be extra thorough this time around.
- Toiletries - Same thing for toiletries. I've already cleaned out numerous bottles of stuff I haven't used in years (!). It's amazing how less cluttered my bathroom drawers are. ;)
- Bathroom towels - when we got our set of towels as a wedding present they were fluffy and white. They are now just dingy. When we have guests stay with us, I find myself sorting through them to find the least dingiest to give them! They are long overdue for a replacement.
- Bedroom pillows - our pillows are several years old and I haven't been great at regularly washing them. I think it would be nice to update them with new ones rather than pack them.
- Clothes - There will be a lot less need for wool sweaters in San Antonio. I've been whittling down my winter clothes quite a bit.
- Old DVDs - Ross might not agree with this one, but we have a cabinet full of DVDs that we brought from Boston and haven't watched in the 7 years we've lived here! I am hoping we don't need to bring those with us. ;)
Help! I realized I only made it to 8 on my "Top 10" list! What else would you add? Anything else that is better to get rid of than pack up and move across the country?